Monday, 6 June 2011

A vegetarian coeliac dinner

I had Sunday dinner with Ma and Pa.  Not yours, obviously.  Unless there's a LOT they've not been telling me.  No I had dinner with my Ma and Pa and I approached it with trepidation because we don't eat together often and, well, when I lived with them Findus' Crispy Pancakes were staple.

Vegetarian sprouts, gluten-free and suitable for coeliacs


Ma has recently gone to a lot of trouble and invested in several vegetarian cookery books especially for my benefit.  They're totally aware of the whole gluten-free thing and had been shopping especially.  And Dad has really stepped up to the mark recently and is showing a lot of kitchen action (cooking).  What could possibly go wrong?

I'll tell you what went wrong.  The put out an enormous, delicious-looking spread, of which half the things were gluten-free, the other half were vegetarian and only the sprouts were both.

Oh sprouts.  I love you still, but I think we shouldn't see each other for a while.

For dinner ideas that are both vegetarian and gluten-free, suitable for coeliacs, check out the vegetarian (and vegan) gluten-free recipe page.

For other D'oh! moments by non-vegetarian coeliac people lick here.  (And if that doesn't work try clicking it with your mouse pointer).

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. Isn't it funny how parents can be over trying to feed us adult children? We visited my mother earlier this year and I am celiac, my husband is the vegetarian. My mom has fed me as a celiac for years. And she was a vegetarian for 2 years back when I was in college. And once a year, at Thanksgiving, she also feeds my husband and other people in our family with food issues.

    But us coming to stay with her for a whole week... she was so freaked out about what she was going to feed us. She finally calmed down and put two thoughts together and was able to do it just fine. Gahh!

    On the other hand, when we go to my dad and stepmothers house, we just plan on not eating, even at the holidays...they don't get it (nor do they try very hard) after me being celiac for 16 years and then being with my veggie husband for 13 years now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always keep a 9Bar and a jar of pesto sauce in your handbag, that's my motto xx

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.